How could you have gotten tons of e-mail and hits on your website when you posted NEITHER? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 29, 2000 at 15:03:28:

In Reply to: Legal matters concerning figures... posted by PRODUCTION STAFF on February 29, 2000 at 14:56:15:

:
: To All Those Concerned:

: In regards to the ton of e-mail I have received (as well as the number of hits our company has experienced in the last twenty-four hour period), I would like to justify my side, which, of course, represents Lucasfilm's, etc.s', interest as well. It is illegal to manufacture ANY figure in the likeness of ANY copyrighted character. For all of you amateur lawyers out there, this translates in layman's terms to: If you make a figure and sell it in the likeness/representing a character owned by someone else, you are opening yourself to a MAJOR lawsuit, fines, and INPRISONMENT. It does not matter if you are manufacturing one figure or one hundred thousand. We are cracking down on this infringement and have already brought legal action against a comic/hobby shop in New Jersey. Don't let it happen to you. In addition, we will bring action to the creator(s) and owner(s) of this site. Your site will be closed down and legal action brought against you as well. Tread carefully.

: =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Mr. Christopher Daniels

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]