Another scene to look at...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on February 29, 2000 at 16:17:48:

In Reply to: I'm looking at the scene right now... posted by Patterson on February 29, 2000 at 16:04:42:

: : For the past fe days RaideroftheLostArk and myself have corresponded heavily concearning the Raiders jacket. We have studied Raiders of the Lost Ark movie's jacket and compared it to our very own Wested Leather's version and noticed variations in the jacket patterns. If you look closely at the beginning scene of Raiders and pause the movie right during when Indy brushes off the spiders, you will notice this variation. We concluded that the back of the jacket is slightly different. The top of the v-shape part of the jacket (main part) wich covers your back is stiched wider and covers more of your back. You can see in clear veiw that the top comes more closley to the shoulders giving the back of the jacket's appearance more of a cape look. On our jackets that we get from Wested Leather, you will see that there is a half inch difference on both sides. Im one for detail as well as RaideroftheLostArk and will get back to you on this matter so stay tuned.....
: : Indiana G.J.R.

: ...and the back of the jacket on screen is dead-on to what I'm wearing, i.e. my Wested. I DO think I know the issue, however, so stick with me.

: Remember, Harry got a personal fitting. Most of us gave Peter measurements over the phone/email. My first Raiders jacket had exactly the "fit" problem you're describing. My first Wested was a standard 48. I need more room in the chest, however, so my shoulder-to-shoulder measurement is really more like a 46. I had Peter take one inch off the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement on the back panel, and mine fits just like the spider scene you reference.

: One singular thing about the Wested is the way the bi-swing back pleat opens and flares. The Wested is distinctive because the shoulder panel (triangular piece across the back of the shoulders) ends relatively high on the shoulder, as compared to most jackets you'll find. To me this is a dead give-away in ToD that these jackets are NOT Westeds, i.e. the bottom of the panel is lower on the shoulder and the pleat doesn't open like the Raiders' jacket.

: Again, maybe we're looking at something different? Maybe my Wested looks different from yours? But I'm looking at the freeze-frame in our video conference room (and getting weird looks from employees), and what I see on screen is what I'm wearing.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Look at the bar fight scene. Freeze the frame on the section below (I hope the link works) and you can see the 0.5 inch difference between the width of the back panel and the shoulder panel. I beleive this is consistant with the spider scene as well, albiet lighting may make them look different without a VCR with at least 4 heads.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: