I totally agree

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on March 01, 2000 at 15:21:07:

In Reply to: Tough talk from someone who feels he must use anonymizer.com. posted by Patterson on March 01, 2000 at 13:44:07:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

: Micah is dead-on with the conclusion that such enterprises as this operate using copyrighted property at the discretion of LFL, Hasbro, et al. They allow such enterprises to operate in the spirit of taking care of the fan. The line is crossed when you try to profit.

I take great exception at being called a hypocrite. If the prior poster had read my post more carefully, he would have noticed that I said that people should not operate under the illusion that selling figures or photocopied books, etc is legal. I realize that there are some things on this site that I could be sued for. My only consolation is that many larger, more commercial (i.e. ripe for suing) Lucasfilm-related fan sites exist. Most fan sites exist by the grace of the true license-holders.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]