Re: Well, true, and...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-154.COL.cableone.net on March 01, 2000 at 21:39:59:

In Reply to: Well, true, and... posted by Michaelson on March 01, 2000 at 19:19:17:

: : Well, I think your friend is right about sizing. Smaller sizes tend to be cut more exactly -- and, in addition, European clothing makers tend towards slimmer cuts. My jacket size is about a 38/40. When I ordered my Wested in size 42 (I wasn't sure of my size then), Peter gave me the British equivalent, which was a size 44. That was way too big. My advice then is to order your normal size and simply tell Peter what sort of cut you prefer -- loose, normal, or trim. I ended up getting a British 42, which for me is a nice slim fit -- just as in the films.

: : In fact, look at anyone on television. Rarely do they wear loose-fitting clothes. Slim-fitting clothes in general make one look better. Although it doesn't hurt to be in shape.

: : -- Dirk

: ...in his old original instructions he asked that you include your height and weight, which I did at the time. With that factored in, he probably was able to hit my sizing more closely. Based on your report, Dirk, by asking for a 44, he should have sent me a size 46, which would have been WAY to big. (still is, thank heavens (grins)). I think the extra info was what cinched in my case. Regards. Michaelson

When I ordered my Wested, I just gave him my chest size, 48, and my sleeve length, plus my height. My jacket fits perfectly. I thought perhaps it might be too short, but I noticed on the invoice, it is listed as a L, which I take to mean long. If I had of went up to a larger size, it would have been too big. I think if you just send him the requested info, provided of course that you are more or less average shaped, the jacket will fit very well. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]