My Indy IV Experience

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-21-167.cae.bellsouth.net on March 01, 2000 at 22:06:08:

So last night I dreamed that Indy IV was released to an unexpected public. As I stood in line, I noticed the paperbox outside the theater. Indy's return had made the front page, and the headlines were screaming the title. I did my best not to look, (after all, I'd made it this far without knowing anything about the film), but looked anyway. I studied the full-page photo, then scanned down to..."INDIANA JONES AND THE HORRIBLE ISLAND".

..."Horrible Island"?!!! What a sorry-ass title, I thought. Oh well, by then it was my turn to go in, and I ushered my girlfriend into the theatre. Everything was going to be perfect. It had to be, this was Indy IV!! Then I realized that there were only about 7 people in the theatre, kids were crying, the house lights weren't going off, and we had come to the 3:00pm showing. I started blabbering about needing to see it with the energy of a full house, and how this was all wrong!!

By then I had missed about 15 min. of the film. The plot was something about an old Japanese soldier, and it wasn't looking good. Apparently they had opted for a slow, dramatic pace for the film. (Hey, I know this sucks, but I thought it was all real.) Thankfully I awoke to the familiar bliss of not knowing who or where I was.

-Thuggee Bear (who will be unavailable from Memorial Day weekend to August, 2001...Hopefully)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]