Prices

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 02, 2000 at 16:14:54:

In Reply to: Re: Webleys...thanks! posted by Scot from S.C. on March 02, 2000 at 15:02:45:

: Thanks for the information. I now know exactly what I am looking for in the Webley. Any ideas of going rates for each?

: : I see you are from SC. Me too. I visit gun shows here on a regular basis, but rarely see a Webley of any sort. However, Auction Arms (on the web) regularly has both at auction. There are two MK VI's there now. You should note, however the .38 ammo is .38 S&W, and not .38 special. It is getting hard to find. But it is there. The .455, is much harder to find, and when you do, it will cost twice a much. But if you get a MK VI converted to .45 ACP, you can buy lead ammo, which will preserve the bore, and is cheap, even by .45 ACP standards. And half-moon clips are not hard to find either. Full-moon clips work too. Also, you can buy .45 Auto ammo with a thick rim made for these and the 1917 S&W and Colts chambered for .45 ACP. A source is Georgia Arms, and the price is about $9.00 for 50 rounds. I have a MK IV in .38 S&W and a MK VI in .45 ACP. I like the MK VI much better. Plus, it was THE gun in LC and possibly the only one in the trilogy around which there is no controversy about the authenticity of the model.

: : The MK VI in .455 seems to be more valuable than it does in .45 ACP to collectors.

Depending on condition, I've seen Mark IV's go anywhere from $100 to $290, and the big Mk VI's from $250 up. Plan on the "up" to be more the norm on the VI's. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]