My Miller Hat arrived!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Freudenthal from ws126.critz.msstate.edu on March 02, 2000 at 22:27:25:

But it's a size too big, I think! ARRRRGGGHHH! My fault though, it is the size I ordered, and it did have the 2-3/4" brim. I ordered it on Feb.11, and Miller originally shipped it out the same day, but I didn't recieve it until now because UPS screwed up the shipping and it got returned to sender. Miller Hats reshipped it on Monday afternoon, and it arrived here in four days.

So how well should the hat fit? Is it snug like a baseball cap? Before ordering, I measured my head dozens of times, with measurements ranging around 23-1/8", a perfect 7-3/8 size; and 23-1/4", which all the instructions I have seen say round up to 7-1/2 size. I was still uneasy about which size to order, so I went to the local MSU bookstore and tried on their fitted caps. But that didn't help, because the smallest size that fit was a 7-3/4. I concluded that I would order the larger size, and thought I could get away with stuffing dollar bills in the sweatband if it was too big (I read that on some web site--David Morgan's, I think). I have tried this, and it gets to where it fits nicely, like its just sitting up there, but is this good enough? I can still pull it down over my ears (not ears in the hat, but bent under the brim? I am kind of nervous about sending it back just to get a hat that is too small. Can anybody help me out with suggestions? I do wish there were more hat shops around!

By the way, the two times that I called Miller Hats at their local number, I received good customer service, compared to the first time when I used their toll-free number, which was pretty lame.

Oh, and it really is a NICE hat.

"Patience, my boy."

Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: