My suggestion as well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on March 03, 2000 at 12:25:54:

In Reply to: Re: My Miller Hat arrived!!! posted by Indiana Wayne on March 02, 2000 at 22:40:48:

: : But it's a size too big, I think! ARRRRGGGHHH! My fault though, it is the size I ordered, and it did have the 2-3/4" brim. I ordered it on Feb.11, and Miller originally shipped it out the same day, but I didn't recieve it until now because UPS screwed up the shipping and it got returned to sender. Miller Hats reshipped it on Monday afternoon, and it arrived here in four days.

: : So how well should the hat fit? Is it snug like a baseball cap? Before ordering, I measured my head dozens of times, with measurements ranging around 23-1/8", a perfect 7-3/8 size; and 23-1/4", which all the instructions I have seen say round up to 7-1/2 size. I was still uneasy about which size to order, so I went to the local MSU bookstore and tried on their fitted caps. But that didn't help, because the smallest size that fit was a 7-3/4. I concluded that I would order the larger size, and thought I could get away with stuffing dollar bills in the sweatband if it was too big (I read that on some web site--David Morgan's, I think). I have tried this, and it gets to where it fits nicely, like its just sitting up there, but is this good enough? I can still pull it down over my ears (not ears in the hat, but bent under the brim? I am kind of nervous about sending it back just to get a hat that is too small. Can anybody help me out with suggestions? I do wish there were more hat shops around!

: : By the way, the two times that I called Miller Hats at their local number, I received good customer service, compared to the first time when I used their toll-free number, which was pretty lame.

: : Oh, and it really is a NICE hat.

: : "Patience, my boy."
: : Freudenthal

:
: I had a bit of the same problem with my Miller. It was close to the right size, but it just wasn't snug. I decided to wear it around for a while,
: because I know that works with fitted baseball caps, and sure enough, after doing some manual labor in it and getting it a bit sweaty, it shrunk just enough. Worth a try.
: Good luck.
: Wayne

A bit of sweat will work nicely. I've also found repeated steaming/application of hot water and drying with a hairdryer - focusing around the headband area - can take as much as 1/8 off the hat size. Careful not to fade the color of the hat unevenly, though.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: