Re: Darkness and loneliness on an adventure...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-69.o1.jps.net on March 03, 2000 at 21:17:00:

In Reply to: Re: which game had a better story, Fate of Atlantis or Infernal Machine? posted by Indiana Jules on March 03, 2000 at 20:14:10:

: Fate of Atlantis. It's just that in FOA there was a bit of a more worldly feel to it. In IF it is very dark and dreary most of the time. I think that that mostly draws from the fact that in FOA Indy associated more with other people, whereas in IF you are all alone in all of those tombs and desert after desert.--I must compliment the team at LucasArts though, because when I play it, I really feel lonely and depressed with the darkness and loneliness that Dr. Jones must go through when he's alone on an adventure.

I LOVE the loner feeling you get when you play these 3D action/adventure games! It's not at all depressing to me, it's an experience not to be reckoned with. It's like an alternate reality that you can escape to anytime you want. I'd love to have my own real-life adventures like that. The only bad thing with the game is when you kill your character...it's like you're actually killing yourself! The first few times it happens, you cringe, but then you start getting pissed off because you can't pass this certain section of the level, and you get all annoyed and rip the CD out of the CD-ROM drive while it's still spinning, throw it like a frisbee, immediately regret it, and then pick up the pieces hoping that it's still usable. But then again, that's only me...:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]