Hey, cool!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on March 04, 2000 at 13:35:48:

In Reply to: Oh my goodness.... posted by Indiana Jules on March 03, 2000 at 22:02:30:

: DAMN! WE THINK ALIKE! I'm on my 3rd copy of Infernal Machine and still goin' strong!! (J/k)
: The Loner feeling is actually cool, but it's just my opinion that it was neater in LC w/ Dad, Marcus, and Sallah. The Loner feeling is fun after a while, but that emptiness soon sinks in and it gets me depressed when you have to go over the same area again and again and again....I mean you can spend about as much time on one level as Indy did during Raiders of the Lost Ark...(speaking of which, I love to put the "In the Idol's Temple" on WinAmp and play that part of Return to Peru with the music in the background and relive the adventure, second after second! It is f@#$ing FUN!!!)
: The second little thing that bothers me is that while going through the level you don't have any background music, save when you dive into a pool of water and that KICK ASS fanfare plays, or when you figure out that something is "Whippable" (how did he get his Ph.D.??)and the Raider's March plays. It's understandable that what you do in that 3D enviornment is completely unpredictable, but I am a music-man, and I need something in the background to help my thoughts process the adventure well.

: I go to a Catholic-Church (about 150 years old) that has a cavernous basement. Back in the 8th Grade, a friend of mine and me would go down there, and we'd explore and "Adventure" the 'caves'. It was great fun, but I'm tellin' ya- it was like in Raiders when he steals the idol....with no music....it just isn't disco...

: All things said, IF is a great game, but I feel I'm more of a FoA person.

Yeah, I agree with you. I liked the 2D graphic adventure gameplay of Fate of Atlantis, too. And by the way, that sounds pretty cool and adventurous when you explored the 150 year old church!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]