(smug, self-assured voice) Yep, just doin' my job.... (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP105.dialsprint.net on March 05, 2000 at 08:00:50:

In Reply to: Thanks for the history lesson, Poindexter. :) (nim) posted by bud-arc on March 04, 2000 at 23:06:22:

: I think I slept through Sunday school...but I can't remember.

:
: : : What artifact do you all think Indy should go after in the next movie (yes I'm that optimistic) ??

: : : Try this one on for size
: : : THE SPEAR OF DESTINY

: : : For anyone unsure of what this is it is the spear used to pierce Christ's side as He hung on the cross. Like the Ark and the Grail it is believed in legend to have great mystic powers in fact some legends hold that Hitler sought this as well as the Grail. The Spear was thought to make it's bearer and any army he/she commanded invincible.

: : : Just a thought

: : : TCB
: : : Cuyahoga

: : : Didn't either of you guys go to Sunday School?-Dr.H.Jones Jr. 1936

: : Hey. Oh, I went to Sunday School, alright. And slept through most of it... Anyhow, the scary truth is that Hitler DID possess the Spear in real life. When the Nazis took over Austria in 1938, Hitler had the Spear of Destiny (aka Spear of Longinus, the Centurion who was ordered to spear Christ, to ensure His death) moved from the Hofburg Museum to a Nazi "church" in Nuremburg. After the War, the spear was taken back to the Hofburg in Vienna. Looks like Indy lost this one...
: : -graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]