Here's what I gather:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules from spider-wg011.proxy.aol.com on March 05, 2000 at 09:15:06:

In Reply to: Re: How about this for an artifact posted by RaiderOfTheArk on March 04, 2000 at 18:30:49:

: :
: It woiuld be pretty cool if indy went looking for the gold of exodus(it ties into the ark legend). When the ark was constructed, the hebrews were camped beneath mount herob(sinai) and buried all the gold they left egypt with as a tribute to god, for offending him with the worship of the calf. Present day Archaeologists have never found this treasure, and in actuallity have yet to pinpoint exaxctly where the real mount sinai is.(the mount sinai named so today, is based on a dream emperor constantine had in which he saw moses mountain, which is most likely hogwash.
: As for the spear of destiny, a great book written on the subject is "spear of destiny" by trevor ravenscroft. Ask Michaelson i sent him a copy i believe a year or so ago.

: RaiderOfTheArk@aol.com

I heard different. I heard that as Moses was coming down from Herob he saw the Hebrews worshipping the golden calf that was built by his brother, and he became so pissed he smashed the tablets. Then he ordered the calf and all of the gold melted down, and they mixed it with water and all the Hebrews who worshipped the calf had to drink the gold. As a result they were punished and had to wander aimlessly for 40 years in the desert.
I think a better "artifact" would be this:
It says in the Bible while they were muddling through desert, they became so thirsty that they bitched to Moses to get them some water. So he asked God where to get water and God showed him a rock nearby. Moses didn't know what the f*** was up, and he didn't trust the Lord, who told him to hit the rock *Once*. Well he hit it more than *Once*, and water did come pouring out, but for his distrust in God, he would never see the Promised Land. How about we find that very rock.
While we're on the subject of the Hebrews how about this Bible story:

Once again--while they were going through the desert they ran into trouble--SNAKES! The people were being bit by the snakes and they were dying so Moses asked God what to do and God told him to build a tall spike, and to have a copper snake coiled around the spike. Anyone who looked the snake in the eye would be healed of the snake bite. (This is also symbolic of how Jesus was lifted up on the Cross to save). It would be interesting for Dr. Jones to go after this snake...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]