Poem in "Trenches of Hell"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (M`verick) L`mbert from port8.westworld.ca on March 05, 2000 at 10:50:42:

Hey guys, remember th`t poem th`t Young Indy w`s `sked to re`d in Trenches of Hell? Th`t's ` re`lly good poem. Very moving. I'm wondering, is th`t poem re`lly f`mous `nd did Seigreid S`ssoon do `nything f`mous? Anyw`ys, here's the poem. I copied it down while w`tching Trenches of Hell with the Closed C`ptioning on. Dre`mers by Siegfreid S`ssoon Soldiers `re citizens of de`th's gr`y l`nd, Sr`wing no Dividends from times tomorrows, In the gre`t hour of destiny they st`nd, E`ch with no feuds, his je`lousies, `nd sorrows, Soldiers `re sworn to `ction, they must win Some fl`ming f`t`l clim`x with their lives. Soldiers `re dre`mers before the guns begin, They think of fire-lit homes, cle`n beds `nd wives. I see them in foul dug-outs gn`wed by r`ts, And in the ruined trenches l`shed with r`in, Dre`ming of things they did with b`lls `nd b`ts, And mocked by helpless longing to reg`in. B`nk holid`ys, `nd picture shows, `nd sp`ts `nd going to the office in the tr`in. --------------------- -----------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]