Yeah, it's too bad the novels sucked too bad to continue being made. I think. (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on March 05, 2000 at 20:10:38:

In Reply to: Indy's adventures in Japan. posted by Ultraman Tiga on March 05, 2000 at 07:18:12:

: If you can't tell by my Nick, I'm a Nippophile. Trust me, that's a real word and not a joke. It refers to people who have a fixation for all things Japanese. Recently I enrolled at my community college for courses in the Japanese language, and I'm very excited about it. I got to thinking of Indy's activities in the Far East, and though he had had many adventures there, he has never officially ventured in the Land of the Rising Sun.

: How ironic that the people who made the world's Greatest Indiana Jones toy have never had the intrepid archeologist snooping around in their backyard! After the countless publications licenced by Lucasfilm, you'd think Indy goes there at least once! Think of all the times he has been in Egypt and at Stonehenge!

: Sure, one could count "Dragon by the Tail" by Marvel Comics (BWAHAHAHAHAH!), but who really want's to do that?

: The closest match, apart from Indy's encounters with rampaging Japanese officers in Dan Barry's excellent THUNDER IN THE ORIENT and McCoy's SECRET OF THE SPHINX, would be the supplement from WEG, Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun. But it's not about Indy in Japan, really, is it?

: Man, if Indy has to go oversees in an Indiana Jones 4, that's where they should send him. Okay, how's this for Indy four locations: Japan, Australia, and then back home-side for the wrap up?

: Oh, if only I was a writer hired for some new novels....

: Hmmm, maybe I can one day find time to contribute something to the fancfic.

: TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]