There's one big difference...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port5.westworld.ca on March 05, 2000 at 22:05:51:

In Reply to: Re: How funny. Sounds like your trying to hard to keep your hopes up (not to mention some others) posted by Indiana Shorty on March 05, 2000 at 19:53:02:

: Hmmm...well It seems SOME PEOPLE HAVE LOST FAITH!...you know something?...well you know what...you just lost your chance to see another indy4..i always wanted to see another STAR WARS..since i saw Return of the jedi for the first time i wanted too see another star wars movie..and you know what happened?...LUCAS DECIDED TO MAKE ANOTHER SW MOVIE!..i know it turned out to be THE WORST OF THE STAR WARS MOVIES!(Lucas cant be serious can he?...JAR JAR BINKS WAS SENT HERE FROM THE DEVIL!!)HEY IM SURE ALL INDY FANS WANT TO SEE ANOTHER INDY4!!...if they keep believing that indy4 will get made it will! unfortunately you will be cursed and will never get to see another indy 4 (trust me...it's happened before) i will stop believing on indy 4 after episode 3!or when ford dies(PLEASE GOD...PLEASE DONT TAKE FORD AWAY FROM US!!!)..and about that "Indiana Jones and Moses Staff" Title...dont ask me!i read it(I dont remember the website..try searching for indy 4 rumors...maybe you will get the address..thats how i got it!)NOW ALL INDY FANS LISTEN TO THIS!...CALL LUCASFILM AND DEMAND INDY4!..maybe lucas will listen!

In 1983 you wished for another Star Wars movie and it eventually was fulfilled 16 years later. The thing there is that Lucas had every intention to make another Star Wars movie as soon as the special effects were up to par with his imagination. In 1989, Last Crusade was considered the end of the series and thats it. No intentions of making another. Now the big three have decided they'd like to return to hat and bullwhip territory once more but aren't that ancy to do it since they have many other commitments, etc.

Seriously, you shouldn't put such blind faith on something like Indy IV. Until there is some official announcement from Lucasfilm saying they are ready to shoot the movie and will be out... whenever they say it will. You insist on thinking that Indy IV will be filming some time this year. The chances of this happening are next to nil. I'm not trying to dampen your hopes, I'm just being a realist. I once was like you and was blindly willing to believe that Indy IV was going to come out in summer 2001. This simply has been proven wrong a lot. All we have is rumors and speculation.

Until I see some sort of movie trailer for Indy IV, there's no reason to be excited.

-----------------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]