Denix SWORD of CHARLEMAGNE

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 210-55-32-119.dialup.xtra.co.nz on March 05, 2000 at 23:19:21:

In Reply to: Anyone have the Denix SWORD of CHARLEMAGNE? (GRAIL KNIGHT SWORD) posted by ...whiskey? on March 05, 2000 at 20:04:20:

: I was thinking of grabbing one of these for my collection and was wondering if anyone has one. If so, can you post a review? (ie: how does it match up to the Grail Knight's sword in the film?)
: I realize the Denix version's not the one they used, but if it's a decent match i think it will look nice next to my other Indy swords and such.

I'm a serious sword collector and, although Denix replicas are not made of high quality materials, I love their look. Denix has the inexpensice museum replica down to an art. Their Sword of Charlemagne is the best replica for the Grail Knight sword that you'll find for that price.

Marto's bronze version of the same sword is a far superior sword, but is much more expensive. The best all around version of this sword was made by Museum Replicas, a division of Atlanta Cutlery. Unfortunetly, they no longer make it.

I will probably buy the Denix Charlemagne some time in the future as it is easily worth the money. It also comes with a nice scabbard (the only replica to do so) which is a fair reproduction of the original (now residing in the Louvre). One bid of warning for anyone interested in any Denix sword. The blades are made of a zinc alloy, which means if you bend the blade (which you can easily do with your bare hands) it will STAY bent. It has no steel in it at all.

As you can tell, I love this sword (the real one that is). When I saw it in the Louvre last January, my wife had to tear me away from it (and this was the second time I had seen it).

Hope all these ramblings help. If you want any more information, feel free to e-mail me.

Kind regards,
Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: