I choose...Raiders

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from ppp2-05.ruralnet.net on July 01, 1998 at 14:37:36:

In Reply to: Re: Let's have a poll, shall we? posted by Laurie Jensen on July 01, 1998 at 00:55:20:

I gotta go with Raiders.

The action is perfectly placed within the movie, it's a tip of the hat to the grand days of Hollywood, and Indy is the most complex in this movie. I would place Raiders as my all-time favorite movie, and also high up on the short list of best films ever made.

Someone (can't remember who) said that at at the heart of Raiders is the story of an atheist becoming an agnostic. I would agree, only it's told so well, you'd never realize that kind of underlying story. It's taken me years after the fact to appreciate that aspect of the story.

I like Temple, but really dislike Short Round as a character. He seems terribly out of place in the movie. Willie doesn't bother me near as much as Shorty.

Last Crusade is more lighthearted than Raiders. The artifact being sought is just as significant as in Raiders, but the quest for the grail doesn't quite seem as important as preventing Hitler from possessing the Ark. Also, some of the technical errors really bug me.

That being said, I'm probably more likely to pop in Crusade and watch it on a whim. I have to be in the right mood to watch Raiders or Temple.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]