Re: I just measured mine...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from 24.116.26.230 on March 06, 2000 at 17:07:10:

In Reply to: I just measured mine... posted by GCR on March 06, 2000 at 16:29:15:

: : Hi. I just ordered a received my Stetson Temple and I have found that the 2 5/8 brim, while supposedly accurate to the movies, is a bit too small for me. Does anyone know of a indy style hat that has a wider brim, while retaining the general appearance. Even the official Indy hat that I have looks better, brim wise, then the temple. I think that this would apply to even the Miller. Any thoughts?

: I just measured my old Temple and have found the brim size to be 2 and 7/8 inch in the front and back and 2 5/8 on the sides. This is one wide brim for an Indy hat, you'll have a tough time trying to find a wider brimmed fedora. I'd say look into the Akubras? Also, 2 5/8 brim measurement is not accurate to any of the typical Indy hat measurements I've heard of, as far as I know, the film hats were 2 3/4 in front to 2 1/2 on the sides.
: -GCR

My Temple measures 2 5/8 x 2 3/8. At the time I purchased it,3 or 4 years ago, this was the only one offered in the stetson catalog. Possibly they have added the larger size, or maybe they just make em bigger now. As far as the brim size of Indy's fedoras, I think some were of the 2 3/4 x 2 1/2 variety because some of his hats look to be this size to me. But then again, some of his hats seem to be a little wider on the sides. I think as long as you are in this ballpark sizewise, it will look fine. I wouldn't go any smaller though. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]