Re: Temple of Doom Cuts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 07, 2000 at 14:06:25:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom Cuts??? Answers please Indy boffins posted by Indiana Bast ***Edited for Language*** d Jones on March 07, 2000 at 13:51:59:

: I bought the UK Indy trilogy yesterday. I've never seen the full version of Temple of Doom, just an edited one recorded of BBC1. I did notice some things I've never seen before - the obvious "heart-bypass" operation performed by Mola Ram and also, Indy says "shit" on the rope bridge.

: However, I though the video would have been completely uncut, but in the interview following the film there are clips of a close up of the heart donor screaming and the Big Guard guy whipping Shorty, where Indy says "Leave him alone you bastards!". Another thing I'm not so sure about was that just before Shorty burns Indy with the touch a guard can be seen stooped downwards, like he'd been injured.

: Are these scenes supposed to be in the film? If they are why were they cut? I noticed Spielberg saying the film was too violent for a PG rating in the US and they created PG-13. The UK video is a PG, not a twelve. Did they remove these bits to get a PG rating and therefore sell more copies.

: If so this is very annoying. Not that it affects the film in any way, but I am an adult and expect to get the full version if I buy it. I'm curious, were these bits cut from the US versions?

: NB - I haven't watched Crusade yet. I hope they have't cut the decaptitation scene (no pun intended).

Though I haven't watched my boxed set yet, those scenes were never cut out of the video releases over here, though the scene was cut on the heart removal and his curse on the bridge for most network broadcasts, the other scenes you mention remain intact on tape and in broadcast medium. Not sure why they'd remove them for your release, except for the reasons you give. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]