Re: Thanks Michaelson... but what I can't understand is...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 07, 2000 at 14:39:16:

In Reply to: Thanks Michaelson... but what I can't understand is... posted by Indiana Bast ***Edited for Language*** d Jones on March 07, 2000 at 14:22:29:

: Why would they cut the scene of Shorty being whipped and Indy saying "bastard" to get a PG rating and then PUT IT IN THE INTERVIEW AFTER THE FILM??? And it STILL got a PG rating???

: Was it done just to annoy people: "You've watched the movie - now watch all the scenes cut out because you're too young to see them!"

: Surely the heart scene (which isn't cut) is the worst thing in the movie??? Please don't tell me that in this context and type of film they consider Shorty getting whipped "child abuse".

I'm with you there. The 1984 release of this movie definately opened a can of worms here in the US, and as you stated in your original posting, created the PG-13 rating due to it's graphic scenes. Why did they make the changes, then add them later? Excellent question, and one I have absolutely no answer for, unless the version you have was the way it was originally distributed in Europe, and they tagged the extra removed scenes on the tape to round out the set, simply to allow the European folks to see how it was originally released in the US. It's hard to say. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]