Possible tie-in between South America, the Lost Continent of Atlantis, ancient Egyptian's and alien technology ala Roswell? See what you think...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on March 07, 2000 at 16:31:45:

In Reply to: Will Spielberg Find Indy In Brazil? posted by Thuggee Bear on March 07, 2000 at 15:14:26:

: Now that Aint-it-cool-news has reported Spielberg's next film will be a soccer documentary filmed in Brazil, I was thinking maybe there's some Indy-ish motive behind his decision. After all, he's only co-producing the documentary, maybe he'll focus his directing skills while he's there on...something else?

There was a “documentary” (Discovery Channel, I think) from the early/mid ‘90’s, which speculated on possible locations for the Lost City of Atlantis. The main thread seemed to point at South America - quite probably inland Peru. Apparently there is some evidence that an ancient city of some significant once existed at the current location of Lake Titicaca. Speculation is that a cataclysmic earthquake resulted in the sinking of the city and formation of the lake, ala Homer's tale of Atlantis. The show went on to speculate on links to ancient Egypt and the use of advanced “Atlantian” technology in the building of the pyramids, et al.

Hmmm… All you have to do is make a hint that the Peruvian Atlantis had extraterrestrial ties (i.e. McCallum’s “look to the stars” quote), and throw in a quest for alien technology via an archeological trail of evidence. You end up with a race with Stalin for the secret for the ultimate weapon, trekking across the archeological wonders of Egypt and South America during the opening years of the Cold War. Hey, Indy could even recap his little encounter with that Chapoyan Idol of Fertility while trekking through the jungles of Peru.

Ya think?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: