Now I'll explain my absence....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from ns1.statefarm.com on March 07, 2000 at 17:58:42:

In Reply to: Hey guys!! posted by Tessa on March 07, 2000 at 14:38:09:

Where should I start….let me think…

Ok, first I have no telephone (or Internet or cable) due to a family member that should be nameless (I’ll mention that it was not my son or husband but someone who recently moved in with us). Thus no connection to get on the forum except to beg my friend to invite myself over if I promise to cook a meal (ha, I hardly have time to do that myself!).

I lost my job at Caterpillar due to budget cutbacks (thus the contract people were the first to go.) after the first week of the year (I was told on the day I took as a personal day by telephone). I took a series of temp jobs until I landed here at State Farm Insurance about a month ago as a Accounts Payable person, guaranteed till the end of the year with a possible extension or permanent position here (I’m hoping for the latter).

I’m also walking with a cane due to the fact I slipped on the ice back in January (my back is still bothering me) outside my son’s preschool. I basically cracked my kneecap and it’s healing but it hurts to walk for long periods of time (now explain this to a three-year-old). But the cane is a very valuable weapon (heh heh).

Anyway, hubby and I (and our son) are doing well. We’re just extremely busy with our jobs and such. You’re all welcomed to email me here at State Farm or give me a call if you’re in the area at 309-766-6447. (Cause technically I’m not supposed to be on the Internet – so shhhh!!!!!)

Have to go and work at my other job (I have one full time one and two part time ones). Have fun and happy adventuring!!! And EMAIL ME! And for the ICQ people, I’m going to try to get on line this weekend, but I can’t guarantee anything. It’s reunion weekend for me (10 years from jr. high).

See ya,
Tessa

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: