I do!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hannibal King from gatekeeper.astra.com on March 08, 2000 at 08:59:39:

In Reply to: Anyone know what they have just discovered in Egypt... posted by Salisbury on March 08, 2000 at 03:58:37:

Hey,

In the heart of Egypts Western Desert, near Bahariya they found the ruins of an ancient Temple of Alexander the Great. Three years ago a donkey stumbled onto this find when it slipped free from it's owner and fell down a hole in the roof of an ancient tomb which dated back to the Greco-Roman period (approx 2,000 years ago). They have found Mummies which are unlike anything that they've seen before from that era and better preserved than any that have been found from that era either. Now this is about 300 km away from Cairo and no-one suspected that anything at all was there. So far they've opened up four tombs and found over 100 mummies and they estimate that all in all the site could contain about 10,000 mummies.

This discovery happened three years ago but was kept secret in order to let the excavation be completed or at least started without too much hassle. Archaeologists have found whole families buried together and, miraculously, these tombs haven't been looted. The mummies wear different unique golden masks which represent their characters.

I hope that is of interest, now I will be in my office etc. etc.

Seeya

Hannibal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: