Re: Indy stuff

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0011.iamerica.net on July 01, 1998 at 22:36:12:

In Reply to: Re: Indy stuff posted by Michaelson on July 01, 1998 at 15:25:30:

: : : : OK...Sorry I just wanted to catch up...if anyone's interested....

: : : : Temple is the best...as that other guy said it's the first 10 minutes of Raiders all the way through.

: : : : Pan and Scan sucks...I didn't run out and buy the laserdiscs for nothing! You lose 60 percent of the picture..and the whole dimension and 'feel' to the movies is different...way too claustrophobic.

: : : : And Micaelson...the 6ft tall Standee if you please! Want my address? hehehe!! Have you ever seen another one?...I would kill for it.
: : : : what was the other stuff you aquired in the last couple of days?

: : : : Oh..and Yep..I have that Star Wars to Indiana Jones book. fantastic isn't it?
: : : :
: : : : By the way has anyone got the Japanese Collector's photo book for Temple Of Doom?
: : : : It has the Indy logo in Japanese, with the classic posed photo of Indy on the bridge.
: : : : Michaelson if you have it..can you tell me roughly how much you paid for it? Coz I bought mine about 3/4 years ago..and paid a ludicrous $25 for it. I was even crazier back then than I am now...I find I haven't got anywhere to put it or display it, it's all in boxes now!

: : : Got my new book for $22.00 at On Cue. I just acquired a mint Belloq figure still in the box, an illustrated mint T of D script (comparable to the Raiders release of '82. Yes, I have two of them...) and a couple more items on the backburner as we speak. And yes, I have stuff boxed and on display both. I've only seen the one 6 foot figure, and it is of the artwork based on the original T of D movie poster with Indy standing in the cave holding the sword in one had at his side, and his whip in the other. I've never seen any others besides this one. The countertop version is identical. Regards. Michaelson

: : Where does everyone get thewre Indy stuff?

: It's in all sorts of places. I had the opportunity years ago, before anyone was buying into the Indy items, to pick up quite a few things. You can find them in yard sales, flea markets, other collectors, auctions....the list goes on and on. Just keep your eyes open, and put the word out to you friends that you're looking for Indy items. You'll be surprised what can come out of the woodwork. Regards. Michaelson

Once again, Michaelson is right. You can find old Indiana Jones
stuff in the most common- and uncommon places. You just have to know
where to look. For example: the original movie novelizations, as well
junior novelizations and even the old Ballantine book series, can
usually be picked up for under $10 at any used bookstore. I found a
mint copy of Lost Treasure of Sheba (a first edition), that looks
like it was printed yesterday, at ABC Books in Warner Robins last
month. One can round up most of the old comic books from any comic
shop that stocks older titles (& used bookstores have them, too).
Other larger mail order companies, such as Mile High Comics, can
fill in the gaps, or even sell you the whole collection. (And in
mint condition, too) Some posters can be ordered from Lucasfilm,
via The Adventurer (their collectibles catalog). I found a new
Temple of Doom poster at a mall in Ft. Worth, Texas back in 1994.
Most music stores can order you copies of the three soundtracks
on cassette tape. Just ask!!! New books, as we know, can be bought
at any bookstore. Companies on the internet can sell you brand new,
unopened items such as collectible plates and original toys. And,
thanks to places like X-Marks the Spot, we can all share in the
joy of purchasing authentic Indiana Jones gear. You just have to
search for it- it's out there somewhere.

-Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]