Re: I Pulled An Indy!/FANTASTIC!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alexander from spider-tq031.proxy.aol.com on July 02, 1998 at 06:27:13:

In Reply to: I Pulled An Indy! posted by Ultraman Tiga on July 01, 1998 at 05:09:50:

What a fantastic adventure yarn! Personally, I cannot hold it against you for the extreme sutfafuge (sp) you went through to gain that priceless relic. You have all the qualities reflected in Indy: Fast thinking and faster talking. Act like you should be doing what you're doing and have every right to do it.

Let us not forget how in Raiders Marcus said something to the effect of (with eyes appropritatly rolled heaven ward) "I"m sure you'd never break any of the laws governing the international trade in antiquities."

And then again in Temple, Shakar Lal, the Misnister of Pankot Palace questioned Indy about some run in Indy had had with the Sulton of Madagasgar. "Didn't he threaten to cut off your head? Your hands then...?" Indy gives the slightest look down at his crotch and replies, "No, it was my...misunderstanding."

Anyway, Indy certainly didn't always follow the rules and as Bill "W.C." Fields once so-rightly commented, "Anything worth having is worth cheating for."

Bully for you. Good you had it laminated, now it'll be protected from the ravages of time and you can enjoy it for the rest of your life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]