Re: Raiders question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shishak from spider-wl061.proxy.aol.com on March 10, 2000 at 16:10:37:

In Reply to: Raiders question posted by HF605 on March 10, 2000 at 14:23:56:

Weird, but I think it is only in the TV version that you can hear Indy's voice as he attaches his whip the the truck's underside. I've seen the video version absolutely countless times (in fact, I've already watched that part over and over again today!), and he is silent as he does this. But I've also seen the movie on TV a few times, and it DOES sound like he mumbles as he fastens the whip to the bottom of the truck.

I don't think he says anything in particular; I think it is just unintelligible grunting as Indy makes strenuous effort to hold onto the rapidly moving vehicle and attach the whip.

Of course, I've never seen the theatrical version of the film, so I don't know if the grunting is just in the TV version or not. My guess is that the sound effect IS in the big-screen version, but was lost during the video transfer. No matter--that whole sequence is noisy enough without it! (And I don't mean that in a negative way at all. The truck chase in RAIDERS is one of my favorite sequences from any movie!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]