It's action/adventure, not straight action. That's why it's being called Fate of Atlantis II and not Indy V.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Super Shag from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on March 10, 2000 at 23:48:59:

In Reply to: Infernal Machine SUCKS! posted by Bob on March 10, 2000 at 23:25:02:

: The game sucks I say, the controls are jerky, and there is always a freaking long delay between actions. Then the gameplay sucks too, the canyonlands level was nothing of what I expected from an Indiana Jones game. Just a whole bunch of climbing and jumping. The babylonian level was no different, hardly any enemies and just a bunch of brick and rock pushing. Too many puzzels to solve and not enough enemies to fight.

This is the problem with the current day gamer that grew up on Doom and Duke Nukem. They expect a story line based game to allow you to kill half the Soviet army, when Indy only actually killed 12 Nazis in the first film, the rest were subjected to fate and God. You kill 12 Soviets in the second level, and that's just 1/18th of the trek.

The controls are only jerky if you don't know how to use them, there's only a long delay if your machine is a 3 year old peice of crap, the Canyonlands were just what was warned: A training level, Babylon was an intermediate level with baddies in the most freaking inconvenient places and the puzzle/action thing is very well balanced if you're not an idiot and couldn't get passed the first room in so much as the demo of the game without a guide. I suggest you hike the difficulty up to Dr. Jones, turn on some cheat codes if you have to, and have at some atheists with the Bazooka. As for "rock pushing" complaint that I've heard from oh so many stereotypical Tomb Raider die hard fans and loathers, I can honestly say that I only remember 5 areas in the game where you actually have to push blocks to solve a puzzle. If you want enemies, wait until you get to Teotihuacan if you haven't returned it already, then there will be so many baddies that you'll wish the rest of the game was more like the first 2 levels.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]