Re: Whip holder picture

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-166.ispmodems.net on March 11, 2000 at 03:08:36:

In Reply to: Whip holder picture posted by Shishak on March 09, 2000 at 23:22:07:

: Hey, I'm bored, so I'll just ask this:

: Has anyone else noticed that in the picture at IndyGear of the "whip holder in action" it looks like the whip is being held by the part of the whip holder that the belt goes through, and not the part that snaps over? Of course, photographs displayed on a computer screen are not as clear as developed print-outs of the negatives themselves, so it may just be an illusion.

: Not that it matters, but I just wondered in anyone else can see that.

: Good whipping!

Hi,

The holder in the picture is mine. The reason it looks a little odd is that I made the length short so that it could grip the whip better. The belt loop is about the same size as the loop to hold the whip, but looks a little bigger because it lays flat while the loop that holds the whip is pushed round because it is holding the whip.

Even still the whip tends to slide loose when running or walking fast. I have always found the design of the movie whip holder strange, because it does not work in real life. I bet it annoyed the hell out of Harrison Ford.

Thanks,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: