Re: QUESTIONS THAT BOGGLE MY MIND! NEED ANSWERES, QUICK!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from t3-ce-2.centix.net on March 11, 2000 at 07:42:06:

In Reply to: QUESTIONS THAT BOGGLE MY MIND! NEED ANSWERES, QUICK! posted by RollaJedi on March 11, 2000 at 03:25:32:

: I am a new person here, so I don't know if these have been asked or answered yet. But, they have boggled this Indy fan's head for far too long, so, here goes nothing:

: ROTLA
: 1)How does Indy know Jock? I see his jacket says "air pirates" and I remember seeing a book with air pirates in the name.

Answer:i dont know this one so you will have to ask someone else(Yes there is a novel called Indiana Jones and The Air Pirates but that happens after raiders)

: 2)Does anybody but me see a big rod sticking out of the giant boulder on the left as it chases indy?

A:Nope....your eyes are playing tricks on you
: 3)Who are all the Arab men that pull guns on indy after threatening Belloq in the cantina? They are all smiling and acting friendly and they let indy leave unharmed after the encounter....

A:Nazi Stooges!....they got paid to kill nazi enemies and indy doesnt get harmed because there are CHILDREN(have you seen raiders?)Would you shoot and kill a person in front of little kids???

: 4)Did they ever really fly airplanes like that weird batman looking thing toward the end?

A:No...that plane was made up...ITS a movie...have you seen planes like that on old WWII history movies?(watch the history channel)

: 5)!!!!!Where does indy go after climbing on top of the submarine! It submerges, so where does he go!?

A:Indy was supposed to use his whip to hang on(he grabbed on to the periscope.)

: 6)What exactly is Toht supposed to be, anyway? And do they actually ever say his name?

A:He's supposed to be a NAZI...yep..a NAZI...and no they never mention his Name

: 7)How do the people in the town know to hide the truck with indy and the ark in it after the truck chase scene?

A:They knew about it someone told them...(i dont know who)

: 8)Is that a real island at the end?

A:Yes!

: 9)Where exactly is Dr. Jones' university located? When it shows the map when he departs on the plane, he leaves from San Francisco. In TLC, he leaves from new york.

A:i forget but i think in LC its supposed to be New York

: 10)If that little stone building was sticking up and sitting there with loose stones (when indy and marion escape the well of souls), don't you think the nazis would have broken in there? And if they did, that would have led right to the ark!

A:No im pretty sure they didnt know that led to the well of souls(besides they had the medallion and they found the map room..and got the coordinates to the supposed site where the WOS was hidden)

: 11)How does indy go to all these far away places and still teach a class!? Lots of substitute teachers or something?

A:Its a movie...He can do anything he wants(leave or Peru on saturday and return by sunday night)

: 12)What happens to Marion after the movie?
A:Who knows...maybe she left indy and met someone else...
: TOD
: 1)What happens to short round and willy after the movie? Why dont we see them or hear about them anymore?

A:Samething that hapened to Marion

: 2)It seems weird to me that if Yohan was an old friend and shared many of indys adventures, that indy doesnt really mourn his friends death much and short round never even mentions him.

A:Its WUHAN!..yes he does...didnt you see his face? he was really sad..but he was also gonna die if he didnt get the antidote(and the diamond)...he had other things to worry about...like GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

: 3)When indy is fighting the big thugee guard on the conveyor belt, Willie yells up to them saying "whats the matter with him!?". Who is she talking to? The giant guard looks at her. He probably is thinking "I'm beating the holy crap out of him, thats whats the matter!"

A:She was yelling at shorty...

: 4)Why does mola ram not tear out willie's heart?

A:oh come on!...would you rip a womans heart out?

: 5)What is Dan Akroyd doing in this movie!? He should have been kind of a big name then (ghostbusters), so why was he cast in a little bit part?

A:It was a CAMEO role

: 6)Where does indy get his sword from at the end? I never see him take it from a guard!

A:He does take it from a Thugee(and its a Machete)

: 7)They did the relaxed-pull-the-gun-out-and-shoot-the-swordsman scene in this movie, but TOD happens before raiders! In raiders, it looks like it was spur of the moment thinking and all.

A:It was a joke...

: 8)Not really a question, but an observation: on side shots of the bridge, it doesnt seem like a long drop down. When they are fighting on the vertical torn in half bridge, it does, plus it seems straight down, in opposition to seeing it as more of an arced off cliff on side shots.

: 9)What are they eating in the Indian village?

A:Their eating food...i dont know what they are eating

: 10)How does the water they send down the caves get all the way to indy really far away? I mean, wouldn't most of it have gone into the pits of lava along the caves?

A:ITS A MOVIE!!!...its Movie Magic!

: 11)if the children are all set free, how come they all dont run back to the village then? Why do we see them come back only when indy returns?

A:Who knows

: TLC
: 1)I have seen that temple in the side of the cliff that the grail resides in on pictures. Can someone tell me where it is and what it is really called?

A:...i cant remember..(Darn it!...i knew i should ave read those ending credits!)

: 2)It seems that sallah doesnt have much of a part in this movie and brody is, well, a retard basically. Anyone agree? THey both had really good parts in the first movie. Serious and all.

A:U SHOULD SLAP YOU FOR CALLING MARCUS A RETARD!...besides LC was supposed to be more funny than ROTLA

: 3)I never have really understood all the kids waiting outside of Jones' office toward the beginning. Explain?

A:They are waiting because they cut class and failed their last test!...SLACKERS!

: 4)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will Indy live forever now that he has drank from the grail? If so, then why do we see him as an old man in the young indy adventures?

A:No Indy (and henry) wont live forever...the grail would loose its effect if they left the temple(which i would say is stupid because if that were true Henry would have died because he was wounded...the bullet wound would have come back)...but they will live a LONG LONG TIME!

: 5)They could have taken a fake grail and been all right. It still would have been a great find!

A:Yep...i guess they didnt think of that

: 6)WHAT THE HELL WAS THE KNIGHT DOING IN THAT CAVE FOR THAT LONG!!!!???

A:Next time you see LC....PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT THE KNIGHT SAYS!(he was supposed to guard the grail!)

: 7)When the temple is falling apart, you see the knight wave. Indy says to his father: "Please, Dad." What does he mean anyway? Does the knight get killed? I'd be pissed if they all come there and wrecked my home, stole my grail, then left!

A:Yes he probably died....and the Temple wasnt his home..

: 8)Indy shows us he has no bullets during the attack of the fighter planes. Yet, he shoots at the head german officer inside the tank while on horseback only a short time later.

A:He might have gotten the bullets at Iskenderun

: 9)How could you stand to swim underwater with your eyes open inside petroleum!?

A:Its just a Movie...ITS MOVIE MAGIC!!

: 10)Observation: Hitler was a lefty, yet he signed with his right.

A:Yep...i giess good ol Steven forgot that!(whoops i meant George...e's supposed to be the historian!)

: Please email me cuz I dont get on here much. Thanks!

There!...does that answer your LIST OF QUESTIONS!?!?!...DAMN THAT LIST WAS LONG!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]