I can give you an answer on the San Francisco question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP247.dialsprint.net on March 11, 2000 at 07:58:42:

In Reply to: QUESTIONS THAT BOGGLE MY MIND! NEED ANSWERES, QUICK! posted by RollaJedi on March 11, 2000 at 03:25:32:

Hey. That certainly is one heck of a list! Your question about Indy leaving Frisco is a good one. Indy teaches at Barnett, a fictional college in the fictional Finger Lakes town of Fairfield, NY in Last Crusade. However, in Raiders, Indy is headed for Nepal, and the best place to catch one of Pan-Am's Pacific Clippers was San Francisco. Plus it has the added bonus of being George Lucas' favorite town, by all accounts.
I'm feeling generous, so I'll touch on another of your queries. The flying wing plane in Raiders was based on actual designs for a prototype aircraft thought up in the 30s by both German and American engineers. In fact, as early as the mid-1940s, America had a grandiose plan for an entire fleet of flying wing passenger aircraft. This design is very efficient, but it has never been totally developed for anything but military craft (think the Stealth bomber).
This really isn't an answer, more of a gripe: One thing that's always bothered me in Temple of Doom is that at the bridge scene, we look down into the river and see alligators, not crocodiles. There are no alligators in India. (A small breed of alligators survives in China, but that's beside the point...) Anyway, its still one hell of a movie.
I sure hope you can get all your questions explained, as I'm sure that between all of us Indyfans, we know the answers. Or at least some lies that sound like answers...
-graml
PS Welcome aboard! Always good to see new blood.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]