The facts straight on the IF/TR issue...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shannon (last name) from 24.48.17.244 on March 11, 2000 at 11:05:37:

In Reply to: Re: Fate of Atlantis II posted by bud-arc on March 11, 2000 at 00:17:35:

I resent all the implications that IF is a TR rip off. While many of the controls and moves are the same, and while the characters may seem kind of similar to an idiot philistine who never saw an Indy movie, the games are wildly different. IF has combat, but the enemies are realistic and don't take hundreds of shots at point-blank range to kill. At least for me they didn't, because I'm a coward and always have the difficulty level as low as possible. The puzzles are a helluva lot more interesting and thoughtful than Tomb Raider's, if that frag-fest even HAS puzzles between all the bullet-riddled foes. And, of course, the main difference is that IF has a plot, something Lucasarts injected into the gaming business a while ago. It's a bit weird, but if you can suspend your disbelief and accept some of the mystical stuff going on, you'll find the game has a pretty entertaining story. And, as my final argument, even if TR and IF are really similar (which they aren't) I'd like to remind everyone that Indy was runnin' from that boulder (gratuitously ripped off by Ms.Croft years later) in 1981, before anyone even heard of Lara Croft. There, I got all that out, and I didn't even make any off-beat silicone jokes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]