Thanks for trying to answer my Qs!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RollaJedi from rolla-mo-146.fidnet.com on March 11, 2000 at 14:13:36:

In Reply to: QUESTIONS THAT BOGGLE MY MIND! NEED ANSWERES, QUICK! posted by RollaJedi on March 11, 2000 at 03:25:32:

Thanks for everyone trying to answer for me these questions! I am a huge star wars fan, and try and take it to heart
that not everyone knows all of the stuff I have learned and basically "just know" after many years of research on it,
reading, and collecting. For you all that know Indy like I know star wars, this same idea applies. You all know so much,
but since I am just a big fan of the indy movies, I dont know quite as much. But I wish I did. Just wanted to thank anyone
who understood where I was coming from and didnt think "well, DUH! Doesnt everyone know that!"
Please, If you do know the answers to my questions, please contribute.
Thank you!

-RollaJedi
http://www.rollanet.org/~rjedi

: I am a new person here, so I don't know if these have been asked or answered yet. But, they have boggled this Indy fan's head for far too long, so, here goes nothing:

: ROTLA
: 1)How does Indy know Jock? I see his jacket says "air pirates" and I remember seeing a book with air pirates in the name.

: 2)Does anybody but me see a big rod sticking out of the giant boulder on the left as it chases indy?

: 3)Who are all the Arab men that pull guns on indy after threatening Belloq in the cantina? They are all smiling and acting friendly and they let indy leave unharmed after the encounter....

: 4)Did they ever really fly airplanes like that weird batman looking thing toward the end?

: 5)!!!!!Where does indy go after climbing on top of the submarine! It submerges, so where does he go!?

: 6)What exactly is Toht supposed to be, anyway? And do they actually ever say his name?

: 7)How do the people in the town know to hide the truck with indy and the ark in it after the truck chase scene?

: 8)Is that a real island at the end?

: 9)Where exactly is Dr. Jones' university located? When it shows the map when he departs on the plane, he leaves from San Francisco. In TLC, he leaves from new york.

: 10)If that little stone building was sticking up and sitting there with loose stones (when indy and marion escape the well of souls), don't you think the nazis would have broken in there? And if they did, that would have led right to the ark!

: 11)How does indy go to all these far away places and still teach a class!? Lots of substitute teachers or something?

: 12)What happens to Marion after the movie?

: TOD
: 1)What happens to short round and willy after the movie? Why dont we see them or hear about them anymore?

: 2)It seems weird to me that if Yohan was an old friend and shared many of indys adventures, that indy doesnt really mourn his friends death much and short round never even mentions him.

: 3)When indy is fighting the big thugee guard on the conveyor belt, Willie yells up to them saying "whats the matter with him!?". Who is she talking to? The giant guard looks at her. He probably is thinking "I'm beating the holy crap out of him, thats whats the matter!"

: 4)Why does mola ram not tear out willie's heart?

: 5)What is Dan Akroyd doing in this movie!? He should have been kind of a big name then (ghostbusters), so why was he cast in a little bit part?

: 6)Where does indy get his sword from at the end? I never see him take it from a guard!

: 7)They did the relaxed-pull-the-gun-out-and-shoot-the-swordsman scene in this movie, but TOD happens before raiders! In raiders, it looks like it was spur of the moment thinking and all.

: 8)Not really a question, but an observation: on side shots of the bridge, it doesnt seem like a long drop down. When they are fighting on the vertical torn in half bridge, it does, plus it seems straight down, in opposition to seeing it as more of an arced off cliff on side shots.

: 9)What are they eating in the Indian village?

: 10)How does the water they send down the caves get all the way to indy really far away? I mean, wouldn't most of it have gone into the pits of lava along the caves?

: 11)if the children are all set free, how come they all dont run back to the village then? Why do we see them come back only when indy returns?

: TLC
: 1)I have seen that temple in the side of the cliff that the grail resides in on pictures. Can someone tell me where it is and what it is really called?

: 2)It seems that sallah doesnt have much of a part in this movie and brody is, well, a retard basically. Anyone agree? THey both had really good parts in the first movie. Serious and all.

: 3)I never have really understood all the kids waiting outside of Jones' office toward the beginning. Explain?

: 4)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will Indy live forever now that he has drank from the grail? If so, then why do we see him as an old man in the young indy adventures?

: 5)They could have taken a fake grail and been all right. It still would have been a great find!

: 6)WHAT THE HELL WAS THE KNIGHT DOING IN THAT CAVE FOR THAT LONG!!!!???

: 7)When the temple is falling apart, you see the knight wave. Indy says to his father: "Please, Dad." What does he mean anyway? Does the knight get killed? I'd be pissed if they all come there and wrecked my home, stole my grail, then left!

: 8)Indy shows us he has no bullets during the attack of the fighter planes. Yet, he shoots at the head german officer inside the tank while on horseback only a short time later.

: 9)How could you stand to swim underwater with your eyes open inside petroleum!?

: 10)Observation: Hitler was a lefty, yet he signed with his right.

: Please email me cuz I dont get on here much. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]