Yep!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port5.westworld.ca on March 12, 2000 at 00:36:03:

In Reply to: I sure do posted by bud-arc on March 12, 2000 at 00:10:53:

: Yeah, I remember that. Pretty clever. I guess since Steven Spielberg produced it, he must've decided to add that little Indy reference. Also, did anybody also notice (during the same title sequence) a theatre marquee that says "A Boy's Life"? It's also another Spielberg inside joke; A Boy's Life was the original name for E.T.: The Extraterrestrial

Yeah, that's correct. But to be more precise, "A Boy's Life" was the fake title to throw off the press into what project Spielberg was making next after Raiders. It was done as a guard in case any hack filmmaker would make a imitation TV movie around the same time of the release of my favorite movie E.T. (of course after E.T. there were lots of rip-offs like Mac and Me, etc.) but there is one title you forgot to mention at the theatre marquee. That is "Watch the Skies" that was an early title for Spielberg's Close Encounter's of the Third Kind. Hmmm... lots of Spielberg in-jokes. Also, the director of Gremlins, Joe Dante is somewhat of a Spielberg admirer so the Indy, E.T., and Close Encounters references would go hand-in-hand. :)

-------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]