Re: What are the best Young Indy episodes?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP006.dialsprint.net on March 12, 2000 at 21:09:50:

In Reply to: What are the best Young Indy episodes? posted by Indiana Bast**d Jones on March 12, 2000 at 20:31:10:

: I bought the Indy trilogy and got Phantom Train of Doom free. I think this is a pretty good film, but haven't always been impressed with Young Indy, even though the proper films are brilliant.

: I haven't got the money to buy all the tapes, and I probably wouldn't if did. I was wondering however what are the stand-out episodes.

: I saw the advert for Treasure of Peacock's Eye. Indy was wearing his hat and searching for a treasure, like in the films, so I was thinking of buying this one. Daredevils of the Desert, Oganga, and Trenches of Hell also looked good.

: Are there any others that I should think about? Preferably ones most resembling the films.

Hey. Always nice to see somebody else willing to give YIJC a try. Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life was interesting, but it might strike some folks as too talkative. Trenches of Hell is definitely worth the money. A great couple of episodes; one of the most realistic depictions of WWI warfare ever to hit network TV. Peacock's Eye seems popular around here, but I thought it was pretty weak, and the ending was kind of disappointing. Take a look for Mystery of the Blues. My personal favorite. A great look at the byzantine world of the Chicago underworld in the Prohibition era. Just my two cents.
-graml
PS Unfortunately, none of the episodes really resembled the films. In fact, that was the most common complaint from people who didn't like the philosophical nature of the TV series.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]