Re: David Morgan Bullwhip Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB509-21.splitrock.net on March 13, 2000 at 01:39:24:

In Reply to: David Morgan Bullwhip Question posted by Matt Walker on March 12, 2000 at 22:28:44:

: My new bullwhip after a few days of use has two gaps in the braiding of the leather near then end of the whip. Is this normal or a bad thing? Has this happened to anybody elses whip?

: Matt

Matt are they actual gaps in the braiding? or is it where the plaiting drops into the thong? You will see small spaces in the braid where the plaited strands don’t always sit together seamlessly, that’s pretty much normal. They also seem more common towards the end of a whip. The pulling and stretching a whip undergoes may cause some minor spacing in the braid, but they should not really be noticeable. For the most part the braid should be very tight with no gaps or significant spaces in the plaiting. If it looks like the plaiting is loose or is actually coming apart then that is a concern, If that’s the problem I would suggest contacting David Morgan.

Could it be where the plaiting drops into the thong? There are points over the length of the whip, where the whip maker drops strands of leather underneath the braid. Basically its the reason that your 12-plait bullwhip only has 8 strands of leather at the end of the braid where the fall is attached. It normally appears as if two strands are going in to the braid at the same spot, it can give the appearance of a small gap or a fault in the braid. Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about the bullwhip.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]