Indy Adventure in Paris

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cuyahoga Boru from constitution.mildenhall.af.mil on March 13, 2000 at 19:19:09:

Hello All,

Just got back last night from Paris. One word describes this city
BEAUTIFUL. From the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame the beauty is just awe inspiring. But to the subject of this post...

We went to Disneyland Paris on Saturday and after making our way into the park and reserving lunch with the characters we headed to Adventureland to check out the Temple du Peril.

As we came up the path we could see a temple rising into the air reminicent of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (my favorite ride at Disneyland) only this one had mine car tracks running in out and through the temple looking really cool. According to the info we found on the net before we left this is the only roller coaster in any Disney park with a 360 degree loop. I'm thinking awesome.

But, alas it was not to be. As my 8 year old son and I rushed ahead to find the line we were met by a large sing reading in French and English:

WARNING
SACRED AREA
DO NOT ENTER

The famous American archaeologist Dr.Indiana Jones and his crew
are hard at work to unlock the mysteries of the newest find
commonly referred to as The Temple Of Peril. Dr. Jones apologizes
for any inconvenience. All interested scholars and adventurers are
invited to return when the excavation is reopened 1 April 2000.

Damn..... So close only to be stopped because they are reworking the ride.

To sas Yes at least part of the ride will travel backwards.

As for the Indy shop...well....

They have the typical cheap trinkets rubber rats snakes scorpions etc. They have fedoras and hey they are getting closer now they have the center dent crown instead of the teardrop like I got in LA. But and this is an important but they are made of canvas???? yes canvas and the cheaper ones are made of a really flimsy felt.Very cheaply made.
They have Indy stlye shirts but those are spoiled by the fact that the pockets velcro closed not button and the have the mouse onthe right pocket.
Really the best things they have are the t-shirts. One shows a map of the world with all the artifacts Indy found in the movies marking the countries they were found in and the plane from the flight scene in raiders flying across with the red line marking a flight path from artifact to artifact. They also have ones from Temple of the Forbidden Eye . I got one of those in a rain wash brown with the spike room scene from the ride with the skull stuck on the spike very cool.

Outside the ride near the sign I mentioned above is a lager than life picture of Indy. My son and I stood on either side to get our picture taken and thats when we had a small Indy adventure of our own.
A woman rushed up to us and stuck a revolver first in my son's face and then in mine. This scared my son and pi$$ed me off. It didn't help that we could not understand her because she was yelling at us in French. Well as my son ran off to his mother I noticed the Disney name tag partially hidden under this womans coat and in my best Indy impression I glared at her, grabbed the barrel of the gun and growled at her "Listen Doll, get that gun out of my face or I'll show you a new way to carry it." She didn't understand what I said but she did back off and the 3 other times I saw her in the park she would look at her feet when she saw me looking at her. Other than that it was a great weekend.

Sorry got long winded hope anyone who got this far isn't totally bored.

TCB
Cuyahoga

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: