Yeah, but the May/June 2000 release is the really exciting part if it's true! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-15-110.o1.jps.net on March 14, 2000 at 12:51:42:

In Reply to: old news... posted by Brian K. on March 14, 2000 at 12:43:57:

: word for word, that's exactly what was said in late december. Check out www.thedigitalbits.com. Their rumor mill has the same post in mid-late december....personally I don't put much stock in it. I think there would have been many more leaks of info if Indy was really under DVD production... I hope I'm wrong, I guess we'll just wait and see.

: Regards,
: Brian K.

: : "Forget what Lucasfilm and Paramount are saying officially - behind closed doors, Lucasfilm has definitely been working on DVD versions of the Indiana Jones Trilogy. Now comes the first evidence which may support this. Image Entertainment's has quietly reported that all three of the new THX/AC3 LASERDISC editions of the film, which had been in the works, have now been cancelled. What better reason to do this than to make way for stronger sales of as-yet-unannounced DVDs? We know that digital re-mastering was recently done for the re-release of all three films, so this makes some good sense. We've heard that May/June 2000 date bandied around, so we'll have to wait and see..."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]