Suggestion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 14, 2000 at 13:32:35:

In Reply to: Re: Aldens are awesome posted by Real Old Indy on March 14, 2000 at 02:48:02:

: : Just got a pair of the Alden boots today. With all the talk in this forum I was worried about what I would receive. I am thouroughly impressed with the quality, color, and fit. The color is a classic boot leather brown with slight reddish tones as you would expect from this type of boot. Yes, they need break-in and weathering. They look highly authentic, and exceed my expectations. These are Indy's boots minus a few digs and adventures.

: Ditto! Just got my first pair last month. Size 11 EEE. They feel better and better each day I wear them. Ever hear the old saying "Don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes."? Well, I'm judging that one of Indy's small pleasures in life was his Alden #405 boots. Trust me! - Real Old Indy.

As you get your boots nicely broken in, be sure to occationally rub in a good leather conditioner, specifically Pecards, into the "cracks" where the leather naturally bends with your step. This will actually help lubricate the leather fibers as they flex, allowing them to slide past each other with the flexing rather than rubbing, and it will keep the leather from eventually cracking through, as all untreated leather shoes can do after a long period of time. It will help make the boot more flexible, and add years of life to the boot. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]