Re: David Morgan Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB510-21.splitrock.net on March 15, 2000 at 19:34:14:

In Reply to: David Morgan Question posted by Matt Walker on March 15, 2000 at 02:48:55:

: My whip at the very end of the braid for about the last inch has become stretched and I can see between the leather strands. Is that bad? Am I doing something wrong? I know I have been asking alot of questions about my whip but it was expensive and I really dont want to screw it up especially after one week of use.

: Matt

Matt, the area right under the fall tends to take a real beating from all that sharp flexing and stress. This wear and tear is normal, and its not uncommon for the plaiting to fray a little and loosen up a bit just under the fall. It’s made worse by hitting solid objects or from the fall and cracker catching itself there. If you twist the thong a little, can you see gaps under the plaiting? If the plaiting is loose only about ¼” to ½ inch (at most) directly underneath the fall, I would not worry about it. However I can’t see your bullwhip, I can’t say for certain if you have a problem with it or not.

Usually it takes more than a couple days to show this much wear, however if you have been using the whip a lot, its not impossible. While this wear and tear is normal, you can help increase its life span by keeping it clean, well dressed and avoid the really powerfully loud cracks and hitting solid objects.

If the situation is worst then what I described, you probably have a problem. Contact David Morgan explain the situation, they can advise you on what to do. If it’s real bad you need to return it for repairs. Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]