My opinion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on March 16, 2000 at 00:02:59:

In Reply to: why is Indy so???????????????/ posted by 1Big IndyFan on March 15, 2000 at 20:12:49:

What I think makes the Indy character admirable, as opposed to the classic "hero" seen in other movies, is his imperfection. The character of Dr. Jones is a man who is really the reluctant hero. He is also fighting two opposing forces within himself professionally and personally. He seems to alternate between "fortune and glory" and "that belongs in a museum" mentality. This is a great source of character tension, and I think, endears him to others. Like all of us, Indy is a man who dreams the same things so many of us dream about (hence, fortune and glory). There is a morality to the character that shines through ( ex: turning around after he already got the sankara stones to see what the screaming was ), and I think it's this morality that people admire. That admiration, however, could not be realized without the "fortune and glory" aspect, because we admire him for sticking to his morals, something we all hope we can do. Unlike us, he is a man constantly tested, and he does what we hope we ourselves would do in his place. Without this struggle, the character would be just another 2 dimensional action hero....like so many Arnold roles...

My personal opinion...regards...
Brian K.
: What is it about Indy that is so admirable? This is a seriuos question. I admire the Indy charcter, and wish I could be more like that in my real life. Is it just hollywood fiction or is it normal?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]