I was joking with the whip part sorry bout that...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K. Allard from dial193.insolwwb.net on March 16, 2000 at 21:47:59:

In Reply to: Never, never, NEVER AGAIN. posted by Adam on March 16, 2000 at 19:13:48:

Hey thats cool, sorry I didnt enter, and for all the shmucks well if it's free then why complain or just not enter. Oh well adios

: Hey, guys...

: I was the one who created the big trivia contest last year, as well as a series of them back in the summer of 1997. Micah helped in posting the information on his page, and assisted me in going through the various submissions to ensure accurracy -- a process that took quite a lot of time.

: : are you doing it again this year, if so what are the prizes, how about a brand new David Morgan Bullwhip tht sure would get me to trying :)

: As for the prizes (including a signed photo of Harrison Ford, a rare Indiana Jones action figure, scripts, photos, magazines, etc...) they were from my own personal collection. I, for one, will not be doing any more such contests, as I am not partial to giving away personal belongings to ungreatful schmucks (I'm your average joe, guys, not a company with money and goods to spare), and the price of shipping alone all the items in question was well over $200.

: I also am relatively out of questions, having now incorporated over 500 facts of trivia...

: As for your suggestion of offering the bullwhip, I humbly suggest you offer to pay for it. Micah's website and its efforts are to my understanding not commercially motivated -- he probably pays a pretty penny anyway to keep it running. And stuff like prizes don't grow on trees.

: No one's ever given ME anything...

: Save Micah, who gave me a really cool T-shirt. (Sadly, this was the same shirt that my cat decided to unceremoniously puke a furball upon, thus ruining the fancy logo.)

: Adam

: P.S.: Sorry about the "ungreatful schmucks" comment. Was only kidding. Most of the players were very, very enthusiastic and gracious, though a few of you WERE less than kind.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]