Star Wars has more of a story than Indy... yeah ok, whatever....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 007 from pm023-21.dialip.mich.net on March 17, 2000 at 11:07:51:

In Reply to: Star Wars has more of a story than Indy... posted by Short Round on March 16, 2000 at 18:47:51:

Star Wars started from a point that was tied up and had a backstory to be told. Indy's was already told with Young Indy which has more shows/movies than Star Wars, and Star Wars deserves to have it's story told as well! Now through all that he's been busy with telling a story that deserves to be told to fill gaps and complete a tale, where with Indy half his life has been covered in books, comics, Young Indy movies/shows, three movies, and role playing games/Video Games. Star Wars has a gap to be filled unlike Indy.

Look at the number of Star Wars books, comics, movies, role playing games, video games, etc., compared to Indy. Which is outnumbered?? hmmm?? The answer is blatantly obvious; Indy is overwhelmingly outnumbered compared to Star Wars anything. Star Wars needs its story told? I think that it has had many more stories told than Indy will ever have, even at this point.

BTW, you mentioned that Theforce.net is an Indy vs. Star Wars site. Well it's not because they have miscellaneous things on Indy and they even said, "What other Lucasfilm projects do you like besides Star Wars and INDIANA JONES" as a poll, so obviously they like Indy a few feet below Star Wars. It's just a poll with deciding between two things. Be lucky they thought about Indy.

I beleive you missed the point here. I think that what was being said had nothing to do with Theforce.net being against Indiana Jones. The comment was about statistics. You put the poll on a primarily Star Wars site and of course, Indy will rank second, because not many hardcore Indy fans frequently visit a Star Wars site. Now, if you posted such a poll lets say at Indyfan.com, a primarily Indiana Jones site, then Star Wars will probably rank second. It's a matter of statistics.

I'm sorry, but I had to insert my two cents worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]