Hmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on March 17, 2000 at 12:14:54:

In Reply to: Re: British vs. American sizing posted by Dirk Pitt on March 16, 2000 at 19:54:46:

: I had a similar experience when I first ordered a 42" Raiders but got a jacket with a tag that read 44. Peter explained that since British sizes are smaller than American sizes a British 44 was roughly equivalent to an American 42. I have since realized that I really wear an American 40, which translates to a British 42. If that makes any sense.

: -- Dirk

:
: : : I ordered a 44 long and the tag says 46. It fits me REALLY loosely. Why in the world would Peter send me a jacket a size larger? I told him I had a 43" chest and that the taylor said I wore a 44 long. He did put a nickel zipper on it though and it looks really nice. The extra inch is very noticeable at the bottom of the jacket. Smells great just like my Raiders one used to.

: : : MAtt

: : Just a guess here, but it was probably that extra information regarding your chest width that made him round up for room. All I ever give is a size, my height and weight. Like I said, just a guess on my part. Regards. Michaelson

I wear a 48 suit, and I order a 48 from Peter. I've neve noticed a difference in sizing. I concur with Michaelson - stick to ordering the size that fits rather then taking body measurements.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: