Antique lambskin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on March 17, 2000 at 12:22:54:

In Reply to: Has anyone seen the lambskin cooper jacket upclose posted by The Duke on March 14, 2000 at 23:55:13:

: I have read many negative comments about the Cooper jacket. Most people say they have the cowhide. I was at the US wings website and saw that they had some pictures up of the lambskin jacket. It looked alot nicer than the cowhide they offer, has anyone seen the Cooper Lambskin jacket upclose, if so what do you think.

I've had one in hand before. David Hack adamently recommended my NOT getting the lambskin Cooper. He said that while it looked pretty good, it would tear VERY easily. "One brush against a nail-head and your $339 would be gone" was what I believe he said. Having looked at the jacket out of the box, I immediately called Sgt. Hack, and he gladdly exchanged the lamb for cowhide.

Having said that about the antique lambskin, the lambskin used in the Wested is not the same thing. It is much thicker - more "substantial", if you will. If you're going to get a Cooper, stick with the cowhide. If you have another $100 burning a hole in your pocket, why not go for the kangaroo hide Cooper?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: