Re: More Wested Ramblings

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-14.COL.cableone.net on March 17, 2000 at 12:49:22:

In Reply to: More Wested Ramblings posted by Brian K. on March 16, 2000 at 18:32:50:

: I just can't believe it...I can't ... I'm dumbfounded....I just looked at my Raider's jacket, which is only a month old, and the stitching holding the handwarmer pocket ( just below the d ring strap attachment ) onto the jacket is TEARING up the jacket!!! I now have this nice little white spot next to the pocket where the stitching seems to have actually stayed together, but ripped away the leather it was binding on the coat behind the pocket!!! 1 Month old!! I just don't understand it, HF drags the freakin' thing behind a truck and it's fine, and I tear it by using the handwarmers?!?!?!

: Slightly miffed and dismayed,
: Brian K.

Sounds to me like your jacket had a weak spot in the material. I must be really lucky because I have read numerous posts concerning complaits about the handwarmer pockets being too small, while mine are fine. I have no trouble getting my paws in them with ease. They are the same size as my A-2 jacket. I have also read some posts about the pockets being too far back which also makes it hard to get the hands in. Of course that is when the straps are pulled tight which pulls the sides of the jacket back for action. In this scenerio you wouldn't have the time to put the hands in your pockets anyhow. Also I feel my new lambskin jacket must be thicker than some of the others I have read about. My Raiders Jacket is the same thickness as my goatskin A-2, and it is by no means lightweight. Find yourself a leather repair shop before the tear gets worse. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]