Re: Star Wars has more of a story than Indy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on March 17, 2000 at 14:24:43:

In Reply to: Re: Star Wars has more of a story than Indy... posted by J on March 17, 2000 at 11:57:59:

IMHO, Indy should take precedence over SW for at least one reason and one reason alone....Indiana Jones cannot be done without Harrison Ford. Star Wars on the other hand, doesn't need Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer, or any of the old guard ( save maybe James Earl Jones for Ep. III, but he'll still sound the same 3 years from now whereas Harrison Ford won't look the same 3 years from now. ) In fact, the longer Lucas waits, the better all that CGI stuff will be for Star Wars when he releases it...just because of technology if nothing else improving... Bottom line is, time for Ford the action hero, and hence for Indy, is ticking ( that's why he's experimenting more with non-action roles ), but as long as Lucas is alive, he can write & direct as many prequels as he wants.

Just my opinion,
Brian K.

: Personally, I'm a bit torn here. I REALLY want to see Harrison Ford break out that whip and put on the fedora once more and I hope for the day when I'll be able to go see "Indiana Jones And The (fill in blank here)".

: Still, I do have to agree that if there isn't another "Indiana Jones", it won't detract from the other movies ("LC" even had Indy riding off into the sunset. Probably a perfect ending). "Star Wars", on the other hand has a HUGE gap that was needs to be filled in order to make the whole thing work.

: I guess if it came down to waiting an extra year for "Episodes II & II", or never having another "Indy" movie, I'd have to choose "Indy". Still, I hope it doesn't come to that. The world needs Indiana Jones AND Darth Vader back on movie screens soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]