Re: ToD questions and comments.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP189.dialsprint.net on March 17, 2000 at 21:47:11:

In Reply to: ToD questions and comments. posted by the Fiddler on March 17, 2000 at 18:37:11:

Hey. I haven't seen Temple in a while, but I remember that one of the dinner guests recalls that a chieftan in Madagascar threatened to cut off Indy's...hands. Of course Indy corrected the dinner guest, saying that it wasn't his hands they threatened to cut off. Mention of this is made in the Indy novel "Seven Veils", but no explanation is given. I figure this is just one of those mysteries that can only be fleshed out by a fanfic story. Anybody game? My guess is that Indy, in his capacity as an archaeologist, overstepped the local standards of good taste while digging in a taboo area, possibly a graveyard.
I agree that Temple doesn't "feel" much like Last Crusade, but I think it doesn't "feel" much like Raiders, either. I like the way that the Indy movies can be viewed out of order, without losing any of their impact. Just my two cents.
-graml

: I was watching ToD on USA last night (yes I have the videos, I just don't have a VCR at the moment), and noticed a couple things.

: Some of you who read the book might be able to answer this one:
: Why was the Sultan of I can't remember where going to castrate Indy (or make him "smooth between the legs," one of the two)?

: What events did we miss out on that made Indy so well known?

: Then the last is just an observation:
: Temple of Doom is much more like Raiders than LC is. Eventhough there is not much globetrotting, it has much more of the "feel" of Raiders. It is also a very well made movie.

: Just my thoughts, I welcome any comments/answers to my questions.

: --the Fiddler

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]