Re: Thanks MF. A straightforward answer to a straightforward question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MF from h00105a17b29a.ne.mediaone.net on March 18, 2000 at 00:51:46:

In Reply to: Thanks MF. A straightforward answer to a straightforward question... posted by bud-arc on March 18, 2000 at 00:07:40:

I can only vouch for their usefulness while fishing! :-)

But I'm a longtime fan of the "safari style" (epaulets on shoulders and sleeves) shirts and I'm pretty happy with mine.

Incidentally, I just picked up a few lightweight ones from LL Bean last weekend, which are very nice. They have a color ("putty") which seems very reminiscent of the movies. It's called the Trek Shirt (maybe SKU 32744). They're $44 a piece and worth a looksee!

As for the pleats, it seems that is indeed a truly unique N.C./A.D. feature and if you're going 100% authentic, definitely an important consideration.

But for everyday wear with a nod to IJ, the Cabelas and Bean shirts are pretty good.

Some just turned me onto a J. Peterman shirt that may be a similar style : it's called the 30's Twill shirt.

The URL is http://auction1.jpeterman.com/ItemDetail.asp?id=39

I intend to drive over there and look at and buy one or two, probably after vacation in Hilton Head (woohoo!).

If I get around to getting one, I'll post about it for the curious, unless someone beats me to it! :-)

// mf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]