Re: I agree to some extent. . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval18.nque.com on July 04, 1998 at 21:43:48:

In Reply to: I agree to some extent. . . posted by ericao on July 04, 1998 at 00:50:39:

: Northlander, I just wanted to say that you make a good point. What I was trying to say, however, is that if they couldn't come up with a decent plot, why not "rehash" a storyline from one of the novels? I mean, there are many Indy fans out there that haven't read the books, unfortunately, so it would be new to them. And seeing the Fate of Atlantis being made into a movie would be very lame. For one, the story wasn't all that good, I mean. . .for a computer game it was, but we're talking about Atlantis here. They could've done a lot more with that concept. Secondly, it was more or less like watching another Indy movie, with the exception of Harrison Fords voice and, like I've mentioned, a good plot. Anyway, I digress.

: I agree with you in that I would like Indy IV a lot more if they came up with something original, I just hope it's excellent. If they created a movie that was based on one of the better novels, excellence would most likely be assured.

: peaceout

They couldn't rehash the storyline of an earlier novel any more than they could totally recycle a plot from a "Young Indy" episode. It's established canon.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]