Re: This makes me Angry.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from tnt01-52-91.barrie.bconnex.net on March 19, 2000 at 10:20:13:

In Reply to: This makes me Angry. posted by California Mike on March 19, 2000 at 05:35:48:

: While i'm enjoying the nonstop indy marathon on usa (so far I've seen the movies playing on at least six different occasions) i'm extremely pissed that the digital cable signal is better than my copies of the movies!! Much better!! I know, because I timed the tapes to coincide (trickier than it sounds with commercial lags) and compared. I caught a whole lot more.

: I've been mad about lack of indy dvds before, now i'm really pissed. the USA network should not be better than my home copies!! Now for the real struggle, not getting the remastered widescreen vhs and sticking to my guns and waiting for dvd!

Oh man - you HAVE to get the re-mastered tapes. I have the Indy films on laserdisc and the re-mastered tapes look and sound ALMOST as good. With a decent VCR and the re-mastered tapes, you'll say to yourself, DV...what? Trust me. If you're comparing the old Indy set to a version shown on TV, I can obviously understand why you would be dissappointed. The set is like, $30 tops and well worth it. Trust me!
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: